Education First Aid Course
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with a real-life situation, particularly in an education and care setting.
This course has been developed for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
You will also learn the importance of recognising the possible psychological impacts on self, other rescuers and children, talking with children about their emotions and responses to events and participating in debriefing with your supervisor.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at an <Third party insert details here > facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 30 minutes face to face practical assessment.
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Choking with airway obstruction
- Head injury/ Unconscious breathing casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- Snake or funnel web spider bite
- Sprains and fractures
- Seizures and epilepsy, including febrile convulsions
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Practical scenarios –
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Incident report forms
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.