The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Important information prior to enrolment
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO or Third party facility.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Face to Face – 8 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and LifeBeat management.
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.aufor all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks –
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Choking with airway obstruction
- Head Injury/ Unconscious breathing casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- Snake or funnel web spider bite
- Sprains and fractures
- Seizures and epilepsy including febrile convulsions
- Practical scenarios –
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
- Basic triage for multiple casualty and accident in the workplace
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Incident report forms
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 36 months in line with industry standards. Locate the most current training package at training.gov.au.